Health Insurance Plans
October 31 was the deadline for enrollment for 2015 for employer-provided insurance, UNITE HERE Health plans and the UNITE HERE Local 25 Fund. The Affordable Care Act requires all adults to have health care coverage before Jan 1, 2015 in order to avoid a fine.
If you are NOT currently enrolled and you are also NOT eligible through your employer, you may enroll through the Exchange November 15, 2014–February 15, 2015. See the ACA website for more information or call, depending on where you live:
- District of Columbia: (202)506-6122
- Maryland: (240)773-8250
- Virginia: (888)392-5132
Most UNITE HERE Local 23 members have access to affordable health care through their union contract. Please see your CBA to see which one of the following plans covers you.
Most UNITE HERE Local 23 members receive health benefits through the UNITE HERE Health Fund. The fund’s mission is to provide health benefits that offer high quality, affordable health care to participants at better value with better service than is otherwise available in the market. Click here to visit the main page and obtain general information about the health fund.
- If you work in Food Service, and are enrolled in Plan A, Plan B, or Plan C, you may visit the Food Service Plan main page, with links to specific summaries and forms for your health plan.
- Most Local 23 Washington DC Chapter members are covered by Food Service Plan 176 D (Kaiser)
- Centerplate at Washington Convention Center, Compass/RA at Kennedy Center and event venue workers are covered by the UNITE HERE Local 25 Health and Welfare Fund
- Airport workers employed by Delaware North Companies have health coverage through Plan 174
- Sky Chefs workers are not covered under the UNITE HERE Health Fund. The plan summary is available in the Sky Chefs Human Resources department. Costs of the plans for 2015 are detailed in this form.